Asus PCE-AC56 Network adapter PCIe
- 802.11ac Dual-band Wireless-AC1300 PCI-E Adapter with High Power Design for Longer WiFi Range
- Instant 802.11ac Wi-Fi upgrade for your desktop PC: no more messy Ethernet cables needed.
- Next-generation 802.11ac chipset for super-fast connections up to 867 Mbps
- Selectable dual-band 2.4 GHz/ 5 GHz operation, backwards-compatible with all existing devices
- Broadcom® TurboQAM™ technology gives 33% faster 802.11n performance, with speeds up to 400 Mbps
- High-power design reduces wireless dead zones with 150% greater coverage
- Specially designed heatsink ensures stable and reliable continuous operation
The easy way to upgrade any desktop PC to super-fast next-generation 802.11ac Wi-Fi
The ASUS PCE-AC56 is a 802.11ac Wi-Fi PCI Express adapter which upgrades your desktop from tangle-some Ethernet cables to carefree industry-leading 802.11ac at up to 867 Mbps. Broadcom® TurboQAM technology super-charges 2.4 GHz 802.11n performance from 300 Mbps to 400 Mbps with compatible devices. Plus, the stylish external magnetized antenna base gives you more flexibility in adjusting antenna placement to get the best signal reception quality possible.
Fastest Wi-Fi standard: 802.11ac
The PCE-AC56 uses Broadcoms new 5th generation Wi-Fi 802.11ac chipset to reach speeds of up to 867 Mbps through the 5 GHz band, which is three times faster than 802.11n Wi-Fi. At the same time, it maintains full backward compatibility with all previous Wi-Fi protocols, providing high performance two-way transmission while ensuring a smooth transition to 802.11ac and seamless interconnection with existing devices.
Extend and strengthen your wireless connection
ASUS AiRadar intelligently strengthens wireless connectivity using 802.11ac beamforming technology, high power amplification, and exclusive ASUS RF fine-tuning. This ensures extended coverage, dynamic data speed increases, and enhanced stability.
No more dead zones with 150% better coverage!
A powerful signal-boosting high-gain design gives the PCE-AC56 improved signal transmission that extends Wi-Fi range and coverage by up to 150% compared to generic client devices. This extended coverage minimizes the possibility of dead spots at any location, offering fast and uninterrupted HD streaming and smooth multiplayer gaming throughout the home or office.
Verified by ASUS internal test. Actual performance may vary as a result of network conditions and environmental factors.
Instant Wi-Fi upgrade for desktops
With its PCI Express interface, the PCE-AC56 plugs into any motherboard to give your desktop an instant 802.11ac Wi-Fi upgrade, with access to speeds of up to 1.3 Gbps. As it connects directly to the motherboard, there are no messy cables to clutter your computing environment, and no dedicated power supply is required.
Stylish Aluminum heasink handles heat for extra stability
The added heatsink uses highly-conductive aluminum to remove heat from the chipset, ensuring greater reliability for non-stop operation. Lower temperatures translate into a more stable device in all climate conditions, even during hot summers, and greater stability means more consistent connectivity and longer product lifespan. Plus, the heatsink has been crafted for a stylish look, once more showing ASUS always goes beyond the spec.
- Host interface: PCI-E
- Interface: WLAN
- Internal: Y
- Data transfer rate max: 1300 Mbit/s
- 802.11 ac : downlink up to 867 Mbps, uplink up to 867 Mbps (20/40/80MHz)
- 802.11 a/b/g/n : downlink up to 400 Mbps, uplink up to 400 Mbps (20/40MHz)
- Networking standards: IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11ac, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n
- Modulation: 16-QAM, 64-QAM, CCK, DBPSK, DQPSK, OFDM
- Frequency band: 2.4 - 5 GHz
- Wi-Fi standards: 802.11a, 802.11ac, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n
- Antenna: included
- Colour of product: Red
- Security algorithms: 128-bit WEP, 64-bit WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WPS
- Width: 99.1 mm
- Depth: 120.9 mm
- Height: 21.6 mm
- Weight: 105 grams
- Certification: CE, FCC, C-Tick, IC
- Operating temperature T-T: 0 - 40 °C
- Storage temperature T-T: -20 - 65 °C
- Operating relative humidity H-H: 10 - 90 %
- Storage relative humidity H-H: 10 - 90 %
- OS Support:
Windows® 10 , 32bit/64bit
Windows® 8.1 , 32bit/64bit
Windows® 8 , 32bit/64bit
Windows® 7 , 32bit/64bit
Windows® Vista , 32bit/64bit
Windows® XP , 32bit/64bit
- Package Content:
Dipole Antenna x 2
External magnetic antenna base
Low Profile Bracket
Wireless LAN Adapter