The SSD that goes beyond
Experience the best. For intensive workloads on PCs and workstations, the 970 PRO delivers ultimate performance powered by Samsung's NVMe SSD leadership. The latest V-NAND technology and new Phoenix controller in a compact M.2 (2280) form factor meets the needs of the most demanding tech enthusiasts and professionals.
Performance that puts you in command. The 970 PRO combines the next-gen PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe interface with the latest V-NAND technology and a newly enhanced Phoenix controller to achieve fearless read/write speeds up to 3,500/2,700 MB/s*, approximately 30 percent faster than the previous generation.
* Sequential and random performance measurements are based on IOmeter 1.1.0. Performance may vary based on the SSD's firmware version, system hardware and configuration.
* Test system configuration: Intel® Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz, DDR4 2400MHz 32GB, OS-Window 10 Built 10240, Chipset-ASUS PRIME Z270-A
Get the ultimate sustainable performance. The 970 PRO delivers up to 1,200 TBW* with a 5-year limited warranty, achieving 50 percent greater endurance than the previous generation, all powered by the latest V-NAND technology.
Advanced drive management made simple. Samsung Magician software will help you keep an eye on your drive. A suite of user-friendly tools helps keep your drive up to date, monitor drive health and speed, and even boost performance.
- Series: SSD 970 PRO
- Usage Application: Client PCs
- Interface: PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3
- Storage Capacity: 1TB (1GB=1 Billion byte by IDEMA) * Actual usable capacity may be less (due to formatting, partitioning, operating system, applications or otherwise)
- Sequential Read Speed: Up to 3,500 MB/s * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Sequential Write Speed: Up to 2,700 MB/s * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Read Speed: Random Read (4KB, QD32): Up to 500,000 IOPS Random Read. Random Read (4KB, QD1): Up to 15,000 IOPS Random Read * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Write Speed: Random Write (4KB, QD32): Up to 500,000 IOPS Random Write. Random Write (4KB, QD1): Up to 55,000 IOPS Random Write * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Controller: Samsung Phoenix Controller
- NAND Flash: Samsung V-NAND 2-bit MLC
- Trim Support: Supported
- AES Encryption: AES 256-bit Encryption (Class 0)TCG/Opal IEEE1667 (Encrypted drive)
- S.M.A.R.T. Support: Supported
- GC (Garbage Collection): Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
- Device Sleep Mode Support: Yes
- Internal Storage: Yes
- Temperature proof: Yes
- NVMe: Yes
- Gaming SSDs: Yes
- Average Power Consumption (system level): * Average: 5.7 W * Maximum: 8.5 W (Burst mode) * Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
- Power consumption (Idle): Max. 30 mW * Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
- Voltage: 3.3 V ± 5 % Allowable voltage
- Reliability (MTBF): 1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
- Operating Temperature: 0 - 70 ℃ Operating Temperature
- Shock: 1,500 G & 0.5 ms (Half sine)
- Product Form factor: M.2 (2280)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) Product: 3.16" x 0.09" x 0.87"
- Weight Product: Max 0.28oz.
- Software: Management SW, Magician Software for SSD management
- Product Warranty: 5-Year Limited Warranty or 1,200 TBW Limited Warranty